APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSED. Cities may still have CARES Act funds available for small business. Please reach out to your local city government to inquire.
Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until grants are fully expended or upon close of business on July 17th, whichever occurs first.
Idaho small businesses are the lifeblood of our communities and the backbone of our state’s economy. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has forced widespread closures of small businesses across the Gem State, threatening livelihoods, causing unprecedented job losses, and imperiling the future of local establishments across our state.
For eligible Idaho-based small businesses that received certain federal pandemic-related emergency loans of less than $10,000, and for those which have received no federal assistance, a new grant program can help.
U.S. Treasury guidance allows the state to use Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) dollars for expenditures “related to the provision of grants to small businesses to reimburse the costs of business interruption caused by required closure.”
HOW DO I APPLY?
The Idaho State Tax Commission will handle applications. All applicants must first establish a secure Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) account to protect their personal and business information on submitted applications. Small businesses interested in applying should start this process immediately.
If you are a tax professional without a TAP account and you intend to apply on behalf of a client, you will need to follow the registration steps below. Once your account is validated, you can request access to your client’s accounts. Click on the Advanced Use of TAP link below for instructions on requesting access. This process will take longer and requires your client’s permission. We suggest you request a TAP account right away.
Any eligible Idaho-domiciled company with an Employer Identification Number (EIN can apply for a Rebound Idaho Small Business Grant, including:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofits
- 501(c)(6) organizations
- 501(c)(19) veteran’s organizations
- Tribal businesses (sec. 31(b)(2)(c) of Small Business Act)
No, the grants are limited to those meeting all the eligibility criteria listed above, including the requirement for one to 50 employees.
Additional information is available here:
WHAT ARE THE AWARD AMOUNTS?
Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded to eligible applicants with.
In cases where the eligible entity has received insurance compensation, an SBA-backed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan, or other federal assistance less than $10,000, the grant will be the difference between the award amount and the insurance compensation or loan.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY PAYMENT AFTER MY APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED?
We anticipate approximately one week after the application is approved.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE IDAHO-DOMICILED BUSINESS?
The business has its headquarters in Idaho.
DO I NEED A TAP ACCOUNT IF I USE A PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYER ORGANIZATION TO MANAGE MY EMPLOYMENT TAXES?
Yes, you need a TAP account to submit an application even if you use a PEO to file your employment taxes.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE A HOUSEHOLD EMPLOYER?
The wages reported are for a housekeeper, nanny, or other domestic help.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE A HOME HEALTHCARE RECIPIENT?
The wages reported are for services received from a home healthcare provider.
WHAT IS A QUALIFIED BUSINESS INTERRUPTION?
The business or nonprofit must have suffered business interruption due to COVID-19 required closures, which may include but is not limited to:
- Reduced sales or suspended operations
- Increased costs related to COVID-19 prevention measures
- Disrupted supply network leading to shortage of critical inventory or materials
WHAT IF I BELONG TO AN ASSOCIATION THAT LOBBIES?
The limitation on lobbying is directed toward businesses that retain their own lobbyists and shall not apply to entities that are simply members of associations, trade groups, or other similar collections of businesses that conduct lobbying activities.
WHAT ARE ELIGIBLE USES OF THE GRANT?
The Rebound Idaho Small Business Grants may be used to reimburse the costs of business interruption caused by required closures, which may include:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Funds must be expended in compliance with state and federal law.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL BE REPORTED TO TRANSPARENT IDAHO?
The Transparent Idaho website will include a list of grant recipients including the business name, the Idaho industry sector, the primary city location, and its total grant award.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL I NEED TO APPLY?
The State Tax Commission will handle applications. All applicants must first establish a Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) account.
Register with TAP for the Rebound Idaho Small Business Grant
- On the TAP home page, click “Don’t have a logon? Register here” beneath the “Log In” button.
- Leave “No” selected where you’re asked if you received a code. Click “Next.”
- Fill in all the required fields. If a field turns red/pink, hover over it to see the error and correct it. (Call the efile Help Desk at (208) 332-6632 if you’re unable to correct the fields in error.)
- For the “You Are” field, use the drop-down arrow to select:
– BUSINESS if you’re an owner or employee of a business (but not the sole owner)
– SOLE PROPRIETOR if you’re the sole owner of a business and have employees
– 3RD PARTY TAX PROFESSIONAL if you’re a tax preparer or accountant managing your clients’ taxes
- For the “You Are” field, use the drop-down arrow to select:
- Click “Submit.” The Tax Commission will send you a letter. This letter has a registration code. When you receive your letter, return to the TAP home page and click “Don’t have a logon? Register here” beneath the “Log In” button.
- Click on “Yes” to indicate that you have a registration code, then click “Next.”
- On the “Verify” page:
- Enter the registration code exactly the way it appears in your letter (it is case sensitive)
- Select the option under “You Are” that matches the selection you made during your pre-registration
- Enter the EIN or SSN that you used during your pre-registration
- Click “Next”
- Complete the required fields
- Click “Submit”
You now have full access to your TAP account.
- If you don’t receive a letter within five business days after your request was successfully submitted, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (208) 332-6632.
- If you’re a tax professional who needs to file/pay for clients, read our Advanced Use of TAP guide.
After logging in to TAP, applicants will need the following information to complete their application:
- Their Employment Identification Number (EIN) if applicable.
- The account information where they would like their grant direct deposited if selected for funding.
WHY CAN’T I SUBMIT A PAPER APPLICATION FOR THE REBOUND IDAHO GRANT?
The program is intended to get cash into the hands of our struggling small businesses as soon as possible. Manually processing 30,000 paper applications would severely slow down the program and limit its effectiveness.
IF I DON’T HAVE A COMPUTER OR SMART PHONE, HOW CAN I SUBMIT AN APPLICATION?
Your tax professional or a close family member may be able to help you set up a Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) account and fill out the grant application.
WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?
The grant application and approval process is intended to be fully automated, allowing grant payments to be issued rapidly. Information about the status of your grant application can be found in your TAP account.