APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSED. Cities may still have CARES Act funds available for small business. Please reach out to your local city government to inquire.
Idaho small businesses are the lifeblood of our communities and the backbone of our state’s economy. However, the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak has forced widespread closures of small businesses across the Gem State, threatening livelihoods, acute job losses, and imperiling the future of local establishments across our state.
The U.S. Treasury guidance allows the state to use Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) dollars for expenditures “related to the provision of grants to small businesses to reimburse the costs of business interruption caused by required closure.”
HOW DO I APPLY?
The Idaho State Tax Commission will handle applications. All applicants must first establish a secure Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) account to protect their personal and business information on submitted applications. Small businesses are encouraged to start this process as soon as possible – well in advance of the application waves opening.
If you are a tax professional without a TAP account and you intend to apply on behalf of a client, you will need to follow the registration steps below. Once your account is validated, you can request access to your client’s accounts. Click on the Advanced Use of TAP link below for instructions on requesting access. This process will take longer and requires your client’s permission. We suggest you request a TAP account soon.
Because we may receive more applications than available grants, applications will be handled in two waves:
- Eligible entities with one to 19 employees may apply starting at noon MT on May 11, 2020.
- Eligible entities with one to 50 employees may apply starting at noon MT on May 18, 2020 (subject to available funding).
- All eligible entities, from those who are self-employed up and businesses with up to 50 employees may apply starting at noon MT on May 27, 2020 (subject to available funding).
To apply, follow these steps:
- Log in to your TAP account
- Skip to step 3 unless you are a third party filing on behalf of your authorized client
- Third parties, select your client from the client list
- Click the ‘Rebound Idaho Grant Application’ link in the “I Want To” section at the top right
- Complete and submit your application