Until we have targeted, case-based interventions for each infectious person, an effective vaccine, or effective treatment, we must maintain some level of community interventions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This includes heightened protections for the health and safety of workers in critical industries, people living and working in high-risk facilities (e.g. senior care facilities), and all other employees.
All Idahoans have a responsibility to protect themselves and others. Each stage, while allowing for additional businesses and practices to open and loosen, is grounded in these basic practices for individuals and businesses:
All Stages – individuals should continue to:
- Engage in physical distancing of at least six feet
- Wear face coverings in public places
- Stay home if sick
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect surfaces and objects regularly
All Stages – employers should continue to:
- Maintain the six-foot physical distancing requirements for employees and patrons
- Provide adequate sanitation and personal hygiene for employees, vendors, and patrons
- Ensure frequent disinfection of the businsess as well as regular cleaning, especially of high-touch surfaces
- Identify how personal use items such as masks, face coverings, and gloves may be required by employees, vendors, and/or patrons
- Provide services while limiting close interactions with patrons
- Identify strategies for addressing ill employees, which should include requiring COVID-19 positive employees to stay at home while infectious, and may include keeping employees who were directly exposed to the COVID-19 positive employee away from the workplace, and the closure of the business until the location can be properly disinfected
- On a case-by-case basis, include other practices appropriate for specific types of businesses, such as screening of employees for illness and exposures upon work entry, requiring non-cash transactions, etc.
ADDITIONAL PROTOCOLS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR EACH STAGE.
Find gatherings guidance for all stages here.